Main Street revitalization by nature is a community-driven process. Therefore, community members must take an active role in leading and implementing positive change. While the executive director is responsible for facilitating the work of volunteers, this staff member is not tasked with single-handedly revitalizing the commercial district. The direct involvement of an active board of directors and committees are keys to success.
- The board is a working, functional board that understands its roles and responsibilities and is willing to put forth the effort to make the program succeed.
- Committee members assume responsibility for the implementation of the work plan.
- The program has a dedicated governing body, its own rules of operation, its own budget, and its own bylaws, and is empowered to carry out Main Street’s mission, even if the Main Street program is a part of a larger organization.
- The board has well-managed, regular monthly meetings, with an advance agenda and regular distribution of minutes.
- Committees have regularly scheduled monthly meetings with an advance agenda that addresses the committee work plan.
|Board Roster Form:|
|Name:||Julie C. Moore||End||Board Representation|
|Name:||Carl R. Peabody||Beginning||End||Board Representation|
|Treasurer||Chair- Economic Vitality|
|Name:||Melissa Garrett||Beginning||End||Board Representation|
|Secretary||Chair – Design|
|Name:||Open position||Beginning||End||Board Representation|
|Name:||Ronda McCullors||Beginning||End||Board Representation|
|President||Chair – Promotions|
|Name:||Carolene Cox||Beginning||End||Board Representation|